March 22 - 24, 2017
Aalto University Töölö Campus, Helsinki, Finland
Physics Days 2017 - Fysiikan päivät 2017, the 51st annual meeting of the Finnish Physical Society, will be held at the Aalto University Töölö Campus in Helsinki, March 22-24, 2017. The event is jointly organized by the Finnish Physical Society and Aalto University.
The Physics Days 2017 theme is Physics in Society.
Matthew Evans (MIT) will present a Studia Generalia lecture about the subject "Gravitational wave detection with LIGO" on Thursday 23.3. at 18.30. The event is held at the Töölö campus of Aalto University, Runeberginkatu 14-16. The lecture is directed to the general public, and the entrance is free.
Studia Generalia event on Facebook - attendees are invited to invite their friends!
- The program booklet can be downloaded as a PDF file from here.
- The conference proceedings can be downloaded as a PDF file from here.
- The starting time of the conference dinner has been changed to 20:00 on Thursday March 23.
- The Venue subpage now includes up-to-date information about the Helsinki City Reception and the conference dinner.
- The original presentation 1.2.1. has been replaced by a talk by Till Sawala (University of Helsinki) on the topic Dark Matter Around the Milky Way.
- The presentation 2.1.5. Supracolloidal self-assembly of nanoparticles to 2D nanosheets and capsids by Nonappa has been moved to the parallel session Soft matter and biophysics II (Thursday March 23, 12:20-14:00) due to conflicting schedules.
|Adam Foster, Aalto U., chair||Robin Ras, Aalto U., chair|
|Christian Flindt, Aalto U.||Jani-Petri Martikainen, Aalto U.|
|Mathias Groth, Aalto U.||Patrik Laiho, Aalto U.|
|Peter Liljeroth, Aalto U.||Janne Halme, Aalto U.|
|Syksy Räsänen, U. of Helsinki||Jaakko Timonen, Aalto U.|
|Mika Sillanpää, Aalto U.||Marita Halme, Aalto U.|
|Hanna Vehkamäki, U. of Helsinki|
Department of Applied Physics